Today's hard drives feature jaw-dropping amounts of space. But no matter how big your drive, you'll be amazed at how quickly application installs, browser caches, and temporary files can eat up your free space and clutter your system. When there is little free space in system C drive, Windows pop-up an alert about Low Disk Space as below:
To solve this problem, you may consider free up space with Windows Cleanup utility, but generally, it can only free up a little free space and shortly this alert pops up again. The fast and easy way to solve this problem is to resize or merge partitions. That is to say, get some free space from other data partition to extend the system drive.
Defference between resizing and merging partition in Windows 2003 Server
By resizing, you need to shrink a data partition to get some Unallocated space, and then extend system C drive with this space. By merging, you just need to select two contiguous partitions and merge them into a larger partition. To resize partitions, please refer how to resize partition in Windows 2003 Server. In this article, I'll tell you how to merge partitions in Windows 2003 Server without losing data.
Ensure data security when merging partition on Windows 2003 Server
The security and stability are undoubtedly the most significant aspect for Server computers since a Server computer usually stores the most important classified and daily-used files. However, even a slight error on Server computer might directly leads to exposure of the whole network to the outside. So you must select the right Server partition software to merge Windows 2003 Server partitions.
With the unique Enhanced Data Protection technology and Disk/Partition Copy Wizard built-in Partition Magic Server, you don't need to worry about the data security when resizing or merging your Server disk partitions.
How to merge partitions in Windows 2003 Server without losing data?
– It is extremely easy to merge Windows 2003 Server partitions, you just need to select and click. – Any operations you do on the Server will be listed in the "Operations Pending" column and no changes will take place on your partitions before you click "Apply".
Steps to merge partitions on Windows 2003 Server:
Launch Partition Magic Server, you'll see all disks and partitions that connected your computer. Click "Merge Partitions" feature on left "Partitions Operations" box.
Step 1: Select Partition C: and D:, select the target partition that you want to merge the partitions to in the drop-down box.
After clicking OK, the two partitions will be merged into one partition, click Apply to proceed.
Benefits to merge Server 2003 partitions with this Partition Magic Server
- Enhanced data protection technology helps you resize, merge partitions without data loss.
- Disk/Partition Copy feature helps you backup or migrate data to another disk without reinstalling Windows.
- Changes made on partitions can be previewed before applying to avoide incorrect operations.
- Easy to use, no professional assistance is needed.
- Plenty of useful features help you better maintain your Server and improve its performance.
- Full features and benefits…