Do you come across the situation that the system partition C: drive is run out of place on the created RAID Array? Under this condition, the best solution is to resize your raid partition rather than to recreate the RAID.
What is RAID?
RAID – which stands for Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks, or sometimes alternatively Redundant Array of Independent Disk – is a technology that employs the simultaneous use of two or more hard disk drives to achieve greater levels of performance, reliability, and/or larger data volume sizes. It is used for computer data storage schemes that can divide and replicate data among multiple hard disk drives. Two major design goals of RAID are: increased data reliability and increased input/output performance.
There are various combinations of these approaches giving different trade-offs of protection against data loss, capacity, and speed, including RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 2, RAID 3, RAID 4, RAID5, RAID 6, and RAID 10 (1+0). Among them, RAID levels 0, 1, and 5 are the most commonly found, and cover most requirements.
A hardware implementation of RAID requires at least a special-purpose RAID controller. You may use the tools from the manufacturer of your RAID controller to reconfigure the array. With that RAID controller, you are able to resize RAID partition. Resize RAID partition with partition software can ease the process.
After RAID was created, the virtual disk partitions are the same with physical disk partitions to Windows. Generally, RAID is used by Server users, to choose a better Server partition resize software is most important.
How to resize RAID partition?
1. Launch Acronis Disk Director.
2. Right click the data partition that behind the system partition, and then choose Resize.
3. In the pop up window, drag the partition rightwards, after that, this partition will be shrinked.
4. Right click the system partition and choose Resize.
5. In the pop up window, drag the right boderline of the system partition, after that, this system partition will be extended.
6. Remember to apply the operations.
Why Acronis Disk Director is much more expensive than others? It is the most stable and safe partitioning software for Windows Server so far, no Server users want to see any problem, I recommend this software for Server users.
The operations are the same with Acronis Disk Director
1. Launch Partition Wizard, right click the data partition that behind the system partition, and then choose Resize/Move.
2. In the pop up window, drag the partition rightwards, after that, this partition will be shrinked.
3. Right click the system partition and choose Resize/Move. In the pop up window, drag the right boderline of the system partition, after that, this system partition will be extended.
4. Remember to apply the operations.
The advantage of Partition Wizard Server is that it has snapshot feature, even if power off when you resizing the partitions, Windows will not crash.