Extend drive D partition on Windows PC and Server
Lorsque le système Le lecteur C est à court d'espace, many people want to extend it without starting over. Meanwhile, sometimes you need to expand other drives, this article introduces how to extend drive D on Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP and Server 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008, 2003 (R2). Extend partition D by shrinking other volumes without losing data.
Extend drive D with Disk Management
Windows Server 2008 and later versions have Prolonger le volume feature in Disk Management, which can be used to étendre la partition de disque without losing data. However, there are preconditions to use this feature including:
- The partition that you want to expand must be NTFS partition.
- Il doit y avoir un espace non alloué adjacent sur le côté droit du lecteur que vous souhaitez étendre.
- Vous cannot extend drive D by shrinking C, because Unallocated space is on the left side of D.
- You can’t extend drive D if there is no adjacent partition on its right side.
- You are unable to extend drive D by shrinking the right adjacent volume.
In one word, to extend partition D in Disk Management, there must be another volume on its right side in the same disk. In addition, to enable Extend Volume for drive D, you must delete the right adjacent volume.
Obviously, Windows native Disk Management is not the best tool to extend volume D.
Extend partition D on Windows PC
With NIUBI Partition Editor, it is much easier to shrink and extend partition on Windows clients and servers. You just need to drag and drop on the disk map to shrink and étendre le disque dur.
- When there is free space on either adjacent partition, shrink this partition to produce Unallocated space, and then combine the Unallocated space into drive D.
- If you can only get free space from nonadjacent partition, shrink this partition and then move Unallocated space to either side, finally combine Unallocated into drive D.
- If you can’t get free space from all other partitions in the same disk, clone this disk to a larger one, and then expand drive D with extra space in the larger disk.
How to extend D drive partition on Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP:Télécharger NIUBI Partition Editor Professionnel and follow the steps in the video.
Extend partition D by shrinking:
Extend partition D by cloning:
Extend volume D on Windows Server
To extend partition D drive on Windows Server 2019/2016/2012/2008/2003, the steps are the same with above, but you need to download the logiciel de partition serveur.
There is potential system damage and data loss risk when resizing disk partitions, because files should be moved to new locations, parameters of related disk, partition and files must be updated absolutely correct. Thus, back up before any operations to a server and use safe logiciel de partition de disque.
Better than other tools, NIUBI Partition Editor provides unique 1 Second Rollback, Virtual Mode and Cancel-at-will technologies to ensure system and data intact during the whole process. Furthermore, its advanced file-moving algorithm helps resize hard disk drives much faster.