Partition Magic for Windows 7
Looking Partition Magic for Windows 7 (32 & 64 bit)? Need PartitionMagic to resize and manage disk partitions? This page introduces the best Windows 7 partition magic software.
Norton PartitionMagic for Windows 7?
PartitionMagic is originally made by PowerQuest, a software company that produced utility software, which is focus on computer data storage management.
PowerQuest PartitionMagic is utility software for hard disk drive partitioning, which runs on Microsoft Windows operating systems including Windows 2000 and Windows XP. It can resize NTFS, FAT16/32 partitions without data loss, copy and move partitions, convert between FAT16, FAT32 and NTFS, modify the cluster size and merge adjacent NTFS and FAT partitions, etc.
However, PartitionMagic is incompatible with Windows Vista, 7, 8, 10. On December 5, 2003, Powerquest was acquired by Symantec. On May 5, 2004, PartitionMagic 8.0.5 was released under Symantec and the software name was changed to Norton PartitionMagic 8.0. This is the last release and on December 8, 2009, the Symantec website officially states: “Sorry, we no longer offer Norton Partition Magic.”
In one word, Partition Magic does not support Windows 7, and it is no longer for selling.
Windows 7 Partition Magic portable?
Norton PartitionMagic is so famous, so many people still try to find a way to use Partition Magic for Windows 7 computers. Search by Google and you’ll see many similar questions: is it possible to use Partitie Magic draagbaar media or create Partitie Magic bootable tool?
Yes, you can build Partition Magic bootable CD, DVD or USB disc when you cannot install or run this program on Windows 7 to fix Operating System compatibility issue. but do NOT resize or modify the system partition, because the boot manager is different with Windows 2000 or XP. In addition, do NOT repartition disk drive that is formatted as ExFAT or in GPT disk.
To modify disk partition on Windows 7, 8, 10, you need to find some alternative for Partition Magic.
Partition Magic alternative for Windows 7
There are many partition management software which are similar with Norton PartitionMagic, including free and commercial, Windows setup and Linux kernel based, of course Linux based software is not suggested. How to select the right alternative of Partition Magic for Windows 7? There are several factors you may consider:
- Data protection ability
- Functionalities that fit for your needs
- Price and services
Data protection ability
Why this is the first factor you should consider? Different with read-only programs, partition management software could cause damage to your disk drives, especially when resizing and moving partitions, because all parameters of related disk, drive and files should be modified correctly. Any incorrect modification leads to system boot failure and/or partition corruption.
Better than Partition Magic and other utilities, NIUBI Partition Editor Professional is integrated with innovative 1 Tweede terugroltechnologie to ensure system and data intact. If any software error or hardware issue occur while repartitioning disk drive, it rolls back to original status rapidly and automatically, so nothing will be changed or damaged.
Besides backing up, you’d better use safe partition software, otherwise, it costs a long time to restore. Furthermore, few personal backup software are working in real time.
Functionalities that fit for your needs
Some people think that it’s better if the partition software has more functionalities, but in fact it’s not always correct. Many vendors design more functionalities for higher price, but some are useless or seldom used, furthermore, some poor designed features could cause program stuck, computer blue screen of death or files damage. So the most importance is checking whether this software has the features that you need, and whether they are working perfectly.Downloaden NIUBI Partition Editor and you’ll see 5 blocks in the main window:
- All separate partitions with detailed parameters.
- All disks with partition layout.
- Available operations to the selected disk or partition (unavailable operations are hidden automatically).
- Pending operations, all operation you do won’t be done immediately, instead, they’ll be listed as pending.
- Commands, you can undo or redo the pending operations, disk partition won’t be changed until you click Apply to confirm.
Nobody likes the software that is running slow. Comparing with other kinds of computer programs, the disk partitioning software has some peculiarity:
- Some operations such as shrinking and moving disk partition require computer reboot to execute, that means, you can’t do other works until the operations complete.
- If you terminate the partition software or reboot the computer forcely when resizing and moving partition is ongoing, otherwise, it causes system, partition and files damage.
Comparing with other disk partition software, NIUBI Partition Editor has advantages:
- Most of the modification can be done in Windows without interruption.
- Because of its special file-moving algorithm, it is 30% - 300% sneller.
- Thanks to its unique Annuleren-om-om-te-willen en 1 Tweede Rollback technology, you can cancel the ongoing operations, terminate the program or reboot computer without losing data. (However, these manipulations are not suggested except you have to.)
Price and services
To home computer users that running Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista and XP, NIUBI Partition Editor Gratis editie is 100% free without bundled ADs or plugins. NPE Professional edition has advanced features of 1 Second Rollback and bootable media builder. As the safest and fastest partition tool, It is cheaper than many of other partition magic alternatives. Furthermore, the vendor provides 24/7 online chat and email support for both commercial and home users freely.
It’s time to forget Norton PartitionMagic and use better partition magic alternative for Windows 7, 8, 10.