Windows Server 2008
Windows Server 2008 is one of Microsoft Windows’ server line of operating systems. Released to manufacturing on February 4, 2008, and officially released on February 27, 2008, it is the successor to Windows Server 2003, released nearly five years earlier. A second release, named Windows Server 2008 R2, was released to manufacturing on July 22, 2009. Like Windows Vista and Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 is built on Windows NT 6.x.
Low disk space problem on Windows Server 2008
In company the Server computers are most important for the security and secrecy. Network administrator needs to take good care of these Server computers. That’s why the software installed on Server computers is strictly chosen by administrator, especially the computer utilities, which are able to maximize the performance of the Servers. Along with more utilities being installed on this Server 2008, the original system partition size become lower and lower.
When the boot partition C: drive run out of splace, the Server computer will be fighting for the precious space and will run slowly. To start over is a solution but no one would like to waste their happy weekend to do it. The most time-saving and easy way is to extend the system partition on this Server 2008.
Extend Server 2008 boot partition by Disk Management
In fact, Windows provides the built-in partitioning tool in Disk Management, you can find this utility by right clicking “My Computer” > “Manage” > “Storage” > “Disk Management”. When you right click a partition, you’ll find the “Shrink” and “Extend” feature. After you shrink a partition, some unallocated space would be created on the right of this partition. Meanwhile, if you want to extend a partition, there must be unallocated space behind this partition. This is extremely inconvenient, so you have to delete the second partition if you want to extend boot partition. Is there a professional partition magic server 2008 software that can help you extend Server 2008 partition more easily? Yes, this article will introduce the widely used Server partition software.
For detailed operations about this, please refer how to shrink and extend Server 2008 under Disk Management.
Partition Magic for Windows Server 2008 to extend partition
Before your operation, I strongly recommend you to back up everything before resizing partitions on Windows Server 2008. Because nothing is 100% securing. Otherwise you will meet the possibility of losing your data due to unexpected shutdown or other unknown reasons.
Below is the step-by-step introduction of extend Server 2008 boot partition:
How to resize Server boot partition?
1. Launch Acronis Disk Director.
2. Right click the data partition that behind the system partition, and then choose Resize.
3. In the pop up window, drag the partition rightwards, after that, this partition will be shrinked.
4. Right click the system partition and choose Resize.
5. In the pop up window, drag the right boderline of the system partition, after that, this system partition will be extended.
6. Remember to apply the operations.
The operations are the same with Acronis Disk Director
1. Launch Partition Wizard, right click the data partition that behind the system partition, and then choose Resize/Move.
2. In the pop up window, drag the partition rightwards, after that, this partition will be shrinked.
3. Right click the system partition and choose Resize/Move. In the pop up window, drag the right boderline of the system partition, after that, this system partition will be extended.
4. Remember to apply the operations.