All the size of partitions on Windows Server is carefully allocated while building the Server. However, things are changing and the scheduled size may not always meet your needs, especially for the System partition, as Windows continues to download large updates or any other reasons.
If the System partition is running out of space and struggles for precious unallocated space, you are unable to install new programs, even the whole performance of your computer will be declined, say, the computer goes much slowly.
Fortunately, nowadays you can repartition Windows 2003 Server disk drive without deleting or formatting partitions. With Partition Magic Server software, you can split, merge partitions, shrink and extend existing system or data partition without losing data.
Ensure data security when repartition Windows 2003 Server
The security and stability are undoubtedly the most significant aspects for Server computers since a Server computer usually stores the most important classified and daily-used files. However, even a slight error on server computer might directly leads to exposure of the whole network to the outside. With Enhanced Data Protection technology built-in Partition Magic Server, you don't need to worry about the data security when repartitioning the Windows Server.
How to repartition Windows 2003 Server disk drive?
– It is extremely easy to repartition Windows 2003 Server. You just need to drag and move on the disk map to shrink an existing data partition to get some Unallocated space, and then extend the system partition with this space, no need to delete or reformat partitions.
– Any operations you do on the Server will be listed in the "Operations Pending" column for you to preview.
– If the 2003 Server system partition is NTFS, you can extend it witout rebooting.
Steps to repartition Windows 2003 Server
Step 1, Launch Partition Magic Server, you'll see all disks and partitions that connected to your Server and free space, used space and other properties of each partition.
Right-click the data partition and select "Resize", in the pop-up window, drag the left border rightwards to shrink it.
There will be some Unallocated space behind the system partition.
Step 2, Right-click the system partition and select "Resize", in the pop-up window, drag the right border rightwards to hold the Unallocated space.
Click "Apply" to proceed, done.
Now you have a "new" Server that can be used for a long time again.
For enterprise users, Unlimited Edition allows unlimited usage within your company to save time and money.
Benefits to repartition Windows 2003 Server with Partition Wizard
- Enhanced Data Protection technology helps you resize, merge, extend partition without losing data.
- Hot Resize feature helps you extend NTFS system partition without reboot Server.
- Disk/Partition Copy feature helps you backup data or migrate to another disk without reinstalling Windows.
- Changes made on partitions can be previewed before applying to the hard disk to avoid incorrect operations.
- Easy to use, just dragging and drawing on the disk map to resize, merge partitions.
- Full features and benefits…