Running Windows Server 2008 for a period, you need to change partition size, for example, C drive is running out of space and "Low Disk Space" warning pops up, to fix this issue fast and easily, you may resize partitions or merge drive C and D together. This article introduces how to merge partitions in Windows Server 2008 (R2).
Within several minutes and steps you can merge partition in Windows 2008 Server without doing anything else.
1. Install this app to your server or create and boot from bootable CD/DVD/USB disc.
2. Launch this tool and check your disk partitions, select the partitions and merge.
3. Click "Apply" button on top left corner to proceed.
1. Only 2 continuous partitions can be merged. In the video, if you select drive D to merge, drive C and E are available, but if you select drive E, only D is available. (All partitioning software works similar)
2. Close other applications before running this tool, you can merge Windows 2008 partitions under Windows without reboot.
3. By merging drive D into C, you can increase C drive free space, but original drive D will be deleted (files exist in C). I suggest you resize partition instead of merging partitions, learn how to.
4. All partition software for Windows Server are commercial, I suggest you download trial and check how it works before buying.
For any questions or suggestions, leave a comment.