Best partition software for Windows Server 2019
All important files are stored in hard disk, no matter you use separate physical disk or RAID array based on the disks, so you’d better take care of the server disk drives. It is a good habit to maintain and manage the physical or virtual disks regularly. To do this, Windows Server 2019 provides native Disk Management, but it can only do some basic operations such as create new, format, delete, set Active partition. If you want to do advanced operations such as re-size, merge, split, copy, convert, wipe, scan partition, you need third party disk partition software for Windows Server 2019.
In this article, I’ll introduce a powerful partitioning software for Windows Servers. Thanks to the innovative 1 Second Rollback technology and files-moving algorithm, NIUBI Partition Editor is the safest and fastest hard disk partition management software. Together with many other benefits, it is recommended as the best partition manager for Server 2019 and other Windows Servers.
First ImpressionDownload NIUBI Partition Editor and you’ll see the main window, which is composed of 5 sections.
- Section 1 – all single partitions with detailed parameters.
- Section 2 – all physical and virtual disks (RAID array) with graphical layout.
- Section 3 – available operations to a selected disk or partition. (unavailable operations are hidden automatically)
- Section 4 – all operations you do won’t be done immediately, instead, whey’ll be listed there as pending.
- Section 5 – cancel, redo or start the pending operations.
As you see, the graphical interface is very neat and clean.
What does this partition software do?
NIUBI Partition Editor supports Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, 2011, 2008 and 2003 (32 & 64 bit). Local/removable hard disk with any interface, all types of hardware RAID arrays, VMware/Hyper-V, USB disk and memory cards are all supported. It helps do most of common disk and partition management operations such as:
- Resize Volume – shrink and extend partitioned drive without data loss
- Move Volume – move partitions location with adjacent Unallocated space
- Merge Volume – combine 2 partitions into a larger one
- Partition Copy – clone entire partition to back up or migrate data.
- Convert to GPT Disk – convert MBR disk to GPT without data loss.
- Convert to FAT32 – convert NTFS partition to FAT32 without data loss.
- Convert to Logical – convert Primary partition to Logical without data loss.
- Convert to Primary – convert Logical partition to Primary without data loss.
- Defrag to improve disk read and write efficiency
- Surface test to scan bad sectors
- Wipe disk, partition and Unallocated space to erase sensitive data
- Create Volume – create new drives with Unallocated space
- Format Volumen – rebuild file system of a drive and reuse as new
- Hide Volume – hide a drive in explorer to prevent accessing
- Set Active – mark a drive as Active to boot system
- Change Drive Letter – reset letter of a drive to C: D: E: etc.
- Delete Volume – delete single or all drives with simple step.
- Change Label – add or change name of a partition
- Properties – view detailed parameters of a disk or single drive (for advanced users)
- Check Volume – check file system integrity and fix errors if exists
- Explorer Volume – view content of the selected partition
- Change disk status to online and offline
- Set Read-only attribute to hard disk
- Initialize new hard disk
Special ability of this partitioning software
1 Second Rollback technology
All disk drive modification operations have system damage and data loss risk. Part of the modifications are very simple and can be done quickly. But when resizing disk drive, all parameters of related disk, drive and files should be modified absolutely correct. In addition, all files in the partition should be moved to new locations in some situation. Any slight error could cause damage. Actually, besides software internal error, some hardware issue such as power failure, extremely high CPU or low RAM usage rate could cause damage, too.
To completely eradicate these risks, NIUBI Partition Editor brings innovative 1 Second Rollback technology. It creates snapshot and monitors disk during the whole process. If anything goes wrong, it roll back to original state automatically and rapidly. So the server could back online without damage immediately.
When shrinking D to expand C drive, all files in partition D should be moved to new locations, so it costs much more time if there are large amount of files in it. A good algorithm is very important to reduce time. Because of the special algorithm, NIUBI is 30% to 300% faster than other tools, which is strictly tested.
Cancel at will
If you forcely terminate the ongoing operations or reboot the server manually when the rate of progress is over 50%, system and/or data will be damaged, so other server partition software won’t allow cancelling even if you did something wrong. Thanks to the unique rollback technology, you can cancel the ongoing operations at any progress without worrying about losing data. In addition, the cancellation will be done immediately without waiting a long time.
Unlike Windows Disk Management that change disk volumes immediately, NIUBI Partition Editor will list all your operations as pending. If you find any incorrect operations, you can click Undo to cancel. Nothing will be changed until you click Apply button to confirm.
It is important to keep server online without interruption, the Hot-Resize technology of NIUBI can shrink volume (without moving) and extend volume without rebooting server. The operations with can be done in Windows Desktop.
Because of its data protection and fast resizing ability, easy to use with neat interface, as well as plenty of disk/partition management features, NIUBI Partition Editor is recommended as the best disk partition software for Windows Server 2019 and other Servers by many editors.