The same with Windows laptop or desktop, low disk space is the most common issue on Windows Server 2012. It is not difficult to transfer files or change settings for the volumes that are used for backup or other services. But to the system C: drive, you cannot solve the problem by transferring files, instead, you'd better increase C drive space.
You also need reliable partition manager for Server 2012 to optimize and manage hard disk drives, for example:
- Create, delete and format partition.
- Shrink, extend, merge and move partition to optimize disk space usage.
- Copy disk and partition to migrate Operating System and data.
- Convert disk and partition type in some situations.
However, unlike data read-only program, data corruption could occur while repartitioning hard drives with third party partition software. This article introduces the safest and fastest partition manager for Windows Server 2012 R2.
The entire process from downloading the software to install and finally running is super easy and fast. After running it, you'll see a neat interface with 5 blocks:
- All separate partitions with detailed information such as capacity, free space, file system, type and status.
- All physical/virtual/RAID hard disks and USB flash drive with graphical partition structure.
- All available operations of selected disk or partition, unavailable operations are hidden automatically.
- To avoid mistake, all operations you do will be listed as pending for preview.
- Undo and redo the pending operations, or confirm to modify real disk partitions.
What does Partition Editor Server do?
To single partition:
- Resize volume (shrink and extend)
- Move partition location
- Merge two adjacent volumes by 1 step
- Fast file system level copy
- Convert to Logical or Primary partition
- Convert NTFS to FAT32
- Change drive letter (such as D:)
- Change label (add a name or modify)
- Set as Active
- Check file system integrity
- Defrag to improve performance
- Hide from File Explorer
- Delete (files can be recovered)
- Format volume to use as new
- Wipe (erase data permanently)
- Surface test
- Explore (view files/folders with directory)
- View properties
To whole disk:
- Change status to offline or online
- Set read-only attribute
- Wipe disk (cannot be recovered)
- Surface test
- View properties
- Clone disk to migrate data and OS
- Convert MBR disk to GPT
- Delete all partitions
- Cleanup disk
To Unallocated space:
- Create one or more volumes
- Wipe data in it
- Surface test (scan bad sectors)
- View properties (detailed parameters)
Safest partition manager for Windows Server 2012
There is potential system and data damage risk while modify disk partition with unreliable partitioning software, If it happens, you cannot boot Windows and/or lose data if you have no backup. It also costs a long time to restore everything and verify data if you have backup image.
As the safest tool, NIUBI Partition Editor provides 3 innovative technologies to protect system and data.
1. Virtual mode
It is common if you did something wrong or changed or your mind, so NIUBI Partition Editor is designed to work in its own virtual mode.
All operations you do will be listed as pending and real disk volumes won't be changed until you press Apply button to confirm. Before Applying, you can undo or redo the operations without the fear of losing your data or corrupting your hard drive.
2. Cancel-at-well technology
If you confirmed and started the changes, other server partition software don't allow cancelling the ongoing operations from the beginning or over 50% progress even if you did something wrong.
Because the cancellation causes part of parameters can't be modified, which leads to system boot failure or partition damage. Thanks to the unique Cancel-at-well technology, you can cancel the ongoing operations at any progress with NIUBI Partition Editor. Everything will back to original status in a flash.
3. 1-Second Rollback
Have you experienced or heard about power outage or some unexpected error occurs while resizing server disk partitions? In most of cases, the hard drive gets corrupted and you'll lose data in single or entire hard drive. Operating System may be damaged, too, so you have to restore or completely reinstall.
Better than other tools, NIUBI Partition Editor has unique 1 Second Rollback technology which is able to automatically rollback server to original status in a flash. So, if any error occurs during the modifications, your server could back online without damage shortly.
Fastest partition manager for Server 2012 R2
Sometimes when you changed the start position of a volume such as moving it, shrink it towards right, or extend it towards left, all files in this volume must be moved to new locations. The more files in the partition, the longer time to finish. A good algorithm is very helpful to reduce time.
Because of the advanced file-moving algorithm, NIUBI Partition Editor is 30% - 300% other than other software. This is very important to a server especially when such operations require server rebooting to execute. Nobody likes to see even 1 more second offline to a server.
Other benefits of this server partition manager
Easy to use
You just need to click, drag and drop on the disk map to modify disk partitions, anyone without help or experience of running such kind of software can use this tool well.
The Hot-Resize technology of NIUBI helps you shrink and extend most of partitions without rebooting server. (Note: close the running applications and opening files/folders in the partition that you want to shrink or move before stating NIUBI.
- The pending operations with in front can be done in Windows.
- The ones marked as requires reboot.
Support multiple OS & Storage
This partition tool supports Windows Server 2012, 2016, 2019 and previous Server 2008, 2003. Any local/removable hard disk, VMware, Hyper-V, all types of hardware RAID arrays, USB flash drive are all supported.
Create bootable media
You can also create a Bootable Media using this server partition manager easily. You just need to specify the location where you want your ISO file to be saved. A bootable ISO file of your current Operating System will be created in just a few minutes.
Best Windows Server 2012 partition manager
There are many partition manager software for Windows Server 2012 (R2), the GUI and functions are all similar, but because of the powerful data protection ability, fast file-moving algorithm and many other advantages, NIUBI Partition Editor is recommended as the best server partition manager. It has 90-days money back guarantee and provides 24/7 live chat support.